Wednesday, April 7, 2021 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM
The Recovery Ally training, from the Student Support and Advocacy Center, is a workshop that was designed to present participants with the tools to support those in recovery from alcohol and/or other drugs. This workshop demonstrates that recovery is a long-term process with unique implications for student success. This workshop will confront myths and stigma regarding addiction and recovery and will present the resources at Mason and within the community.
During this workshop, participants will learn:
* How to use appropriate language surrounding substance use and addiction disorders.
* How to convey openness and empathy to students in recovery.
* An understanding of the science of substance use disorder.
* How to offer support instead of enablement.
* Knowledge about the recovery resources that Mason offers.