The Leading Thriving Organizations certificate program will provide you with tools and resources to create a thriving workplace culture. You’ll discover how the science of well-being applies in your workplace and how your personal well-being can influence your organization. Topics include: the science of well-being, strengths-based leadership, evidence-based well-being practices and interventions, workplace and organizational well-being, and how to make thriving organizations a reality. This program will give you opportunities to practice evidence-based techniques and learn proven organizational well-being interventions. After earning this certificate, you will be equipped to implement knowledge and skills that will impact both individual and team performance.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-993-6090.
Fall 2021 Open Enrollment Dates
Thursday, September 30 Session 1 1 pm-5 pm
Friday, October 1 Session 2 1 pm-5 pm
Thursday, October 14 Session 3 1 pm-5 pm
Friday, October 15 Session 4 1 pm-5 pm
Thursday, October 28 Session 5 1 pm-5 pm
Friday, October 29 Session 6 1 pm-5 pm
Open Enrollment Pricing
Early Bird: $2,695 (until Friday, August 6, 2021)
- 10% Mason alumni discount
- 10% discount for organizations that send three or more participants
- Cost of CliftonStrengths and articles is included. Participants will purchase the course text.
- The program consists of five modules over six half days with applications, assessments, readings, and learning integration between modules.
- Modules are facilitated by George Mason University faculty who have expertise in organizational cultures, leadership, the science of well-being, and health sciences and communication.
- The curriculum will be delivered online with asynchronous learning, live webinars, and small group activities and discussions. Peer learning partners and small group work will be used to deepen learning and engagement.
- Learn health determinants of well-being, employee well-being in a pandemic, the changing nature of work, and positive emotions and behaviors.
- Discover how to use your CliftonStrengths profile for optimal success in your leadership.
- Understand evidence-based well-being practices and interventions, including: learning about the various well-being domains and the practices connected to those domains.
- Plan how to strengthen workplace and organizational well-being, including: learning about positive organizational cultures, systems approaches and thinking, and psychologically safe workplaces; and unleashing employee talent for greater engagement and productivity.
- Make thriving organizations a reality, including: understanding case studies, discovering how to embed well-being in organizations, and synthesizing learning.
- After earning the certificate in Leading Thriving Organizations, interested leaders can apply for George Mason’s Credential in Organizational Well-Being Leadership from the Center for the Advancement of Well-Being (CWB). The following are the requirements for earning a credential:
- Complete the certificate in Leading Thriving Organizations
- Design an action learning project
- Complete two hours of well-being coaching facilitated by CWB faculty
- Pass the credentialing exam
100% attendance and participation are expected from participants. Participants must complete all pre-reads and assignments.
- Recommended minimum of 5 years professional experience
- Fluency in spoken and written English
This certification program is designed for all leaders who want to embed well-being in their teams and organizations. That includes professionals who work in these industries:
- For-profit businesses
- Non-profit organizations such as charities and associations
- Government agencies
- Educational institutions such as schools, colleges, and universities
- Health care companies
- Legal organizations