Creating a World That’s Thriving Together
The mission of the Center for the Advancement of Well-Being (CWB) is to catalyze human well-being by promoting the science and practices that lead to a life of vitality, purpose, and resilience. As an interdisciplinary teaching and research center at George Mason University, we are dedicated to helping individuals and organizations thrive in a world of complexity and uncertainty.
Connect with us on social media here:
(If you don't see the embedded video, please click here.)
Individuals who engage with the center learn to build a foundation of well-being that enables them to
- experience a deepening sense of personal meaning in their lives
- increase their ability to creatively solve problems
- become more resilient and develop a greater capacity to respond to challenging and stressful situations
- build and deepen meaningful, supportive relationships
These qualities increase well-being, performance, and success in all areas of life.
The center serves both individuals and organizations, including
- Mason students, faculty and staff
- Lifelong learners and organizations
- Industry leaders, practitioners, and executive coaches
The Center for the Advancement of Well-Being—originally called the Center for Consciousness and Transformation—is housed in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences and was made possible by a generous donation by the deLaski Family Foundation in 2009. We invite you to learn more about our work and the many ways you can engage with us.