About the Series
George Mason University’s Leading to Well-Being Speaker Series features presentations from innovative speakers who work at the intersection of leadership and well-being. They will share some of the latest well-being research and insights with you. After each presentation, you can use what you’ve learned to fuel your professional and personal success. Plan to join us online with your colleagues and friends. These presentations are offered for free by the Center for the Advancement of Well-Being.
“Leading Multiple Generations” with Dr. Tim Elmore:
Thursday, October 12, 12 noon to 1:15 p.m. ET
The Leading to Well-Being Speaker Series presents Growing Leaders founder and CEO Tim Elmore, author of A New Kind of Diversity: Making the Different Generations on Your Team a Competitive Advantage, in our next webinar. Join us for his free presentation “Leading Multiple Generations” on Thursday, October 12 from 12 noon to 1:15 p.m. ET.
People talk a lot about diversity today – ethnic, gender, and income diversity. But there is an elephant in the room. A different kind of diversity exists: the diverse generations that serve on your team. Today’s workplace has four to five generations working together, and far too often, we collide instead of collaborate.
Dr. Elmore’s presentation will explore the characteristics of each generation working today and how to leverage them to your competitive advantage. Too often we stereotype people, taking mental shortcuts and profiling young or old team members. This webinar will offer practical strategies to bring out the best in each generation.
As a “pracademic,” Dr. Elmore is down-to-earth and his work is research-based. He is a best-selling author and international speaker who creates unforgettable leadership experiences for the world’s top brands. He has authored more than 30 books and trained thousands of leaders in nationally renowned organizations such as Delta, Home Depot, the National Football League, and the U.S. Department of Justice.
We look forward to you joining us for our conversation about diversity at work!
The speaker series is offered at no cost to our Mason community and the public. If you would like to support the work of this series, please consider making a donation to our center. Thank you for your generosity.
Our Past Programs
- “From Self-Care to We-Care: Insights from CEOs, Employees, and Health Care Professionals” by Laura Hamill and Michael McCarthy, hosts of the Happy at Work podcast
- “Beating Burnout and Boosting Resilience as a People Leader” by Jacinta Jiménez, author of The Burnout Fix: Overcome Overwhelm, Beat Busy, and Sustain Success in the New World of Work
- “Addressing the Heart and Soul of Employee Well-Being” by Jessica Grossmeier, author of Reimagining Workplace Well-Being: Fostering a Culture of Purpose, Connection, and Transcendence
- “Overcome Polarization and Build Community through Mindfulness” by Rhonda McGee, professor and mindfulness leader
- “Understanding the Impacts of COVID-19 and the Implications for Well-Being” by Kevin Fenton, professor and senior public health expert
- “How to Cultivate 9 Mental Shifts to Supercharge Your Performance” by Brian Levenson, founder of Strong Skills and author of Shift Your Mind: 9 Mental Shifts to Thrive in Preparation and Performance
- “How to Take Strategic Stops at Work for Well-Being” by Greg Nelson, author of The Strategic Stop: Taking Back Your Life in a World Obsessed with Busyness
- “Diversity, Inclusion, and Well-Being” by Anjali Patel, author of Humanity at Work: Diversity, Inclusion, and Well-Being in an Increasingly Distributed Workforce
Featured Leading to Well-Being Programs
The Leadership Coaching for Organizational Well-Being program will equip you to make positive change happen in your team and organizational culture. It emphasizes strengths-based and transformative practices. This experiential program features a curriculum that aligns with the International Coaching Federation (ICF) requirements and coaching competencies.
The Masterful Coaching Course is a practicum for PCC-credentialed coaches to take their coaching to the next level of success. It meets the criteria for Level 3 Coaching Education accreditation by the International Coaching Federation (ICF), and includes in-depth instruction and exploration of advanced coaching topics.